Pumpkin oatmeal cookies





I love pumpkin, especially in desserts. They taste great and have loads of benefits.

Did you know that they are low in calories? I certainly didn't. It only has 26 calories per 100g and so are used by dieticians in weight reduction programs. Besides being low in calories, it is also packed full of antioxidants.
Anyway, bottom line- Its is good for you and you should have more of it.

So this particular recipe is also good for you as it is made from oats and wholemeal flour and of course the low in calories pumpkin (I'm lovin it).

For this recipe I made my own pumpkin puree as I bought fresh pumpkins for only 50c a kilo (BARGAIN!!!). I bought quite a bit and they are now happily sitting in my freezer :) The good thing about buying fresh pumpkin is that it doesn't cost you as much (if you find yourself a bargain) and also canned pumpkins don't come seeds (my seeds are sun bathing atm :p).

Again, it is a very easy and stir-everything-together recipe that takes no time to make at all.



Pumpkin oatmeal cookies (homestyle magazine)

margarine - 1 c
brown sugar - 1 1/2 c
pumpkin puree - 1 c
egg - 1
chopped nuts - 1 c
wholemeal flour - 2 c
oats - 1 1/3 c
baking soda - 1 tsp
cinnamon - 1 tsp
vanilla - 1 tsp

- preheat to 180c, grease and line baking sheets
- beat the egg, margarine, sugar, vanilla until light and fluffy
- Add the pumpkin puree, flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and mix well-stir in the nuts
- drop table spoons on the baking sheets and bake for 15-20 min until done





2 comments:

Reeni said...
February 24, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Your chunky pumpkin cookies look scrumptious! I like the combo with oatmeal!

Post a Comment